By S. Alexander Weinstock
Read or Download Acculturation and Occupation: A Study of the 1956 Hungarian Refugees in the United States (Publications of the Research Group for European Migration Problems) PDF
Similar emigration & immigration books
This new quantity of unique essays specializes in the presence of eu ethnic tradition in American society given that 1830. one of the themes explored in Immigrant the US are the alienation and assimilation of immigrants; the immigrant domestic and kinfolk as a haven of ethnicity; faith, schooling and employment as brokers of acculturation; and the contours of ethnic neighborhood in American society.
Italian anarchism emerged within the latter half the 19th century, in the course of that country’s lengthy and bloody unification. usually dealing with monetary difficulty and political persecution, lots of Italy’s anarchists migrated to North the United States. at any place Italian anarchists settled they released journals, engaged in labour and political activism, and tried to re-create the novel tradition in their place of birth.
The subsequent quantity within the universal Threads ebook sequence, Immigrant id and the Politics of Citizenship assembles fourteen articles from the magazine of yankee Ethnic background . The chapters talk about the divisions and hierarchies faced through immigrants to the U.S., and the way those immigrants form, and are formed by way of, the social and cultural worlds they input.
Dieses Buch befasst sich mit Bildungsaufsteigern türkischer Herkunft und den meist hohen Erwartungen ihrer Eltern. Auf der Grundlage von biografischen Interviews mit Eltern und Söhnen rekonstruiert Javier A. Carnicer die erfolgreichen Bildungslaufbahnen als die Fortführung des Projekts des sozialen Aufstiegs, das die Eltern mit ihrer Migration angetreten hatten.
- Mediterraneans: North Africa and Europe in an Age of Migration, c. 1800–1900 (California World History Library)
- Hidden Lives and Human Rights in the United States: Understanding the Controversies and Tragedies of Undocumented Immigration [3 volumes]
- Rethinking International Protection: The Sovereign, the State, the Refugee (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship)
- Challenging the Paradoxes of Integration Policies: Latin Americans in the European City (Migration, Minorities and Modernity)
- Encyclopedia of Immigration and Migration in the American West
Additional resources for Acculturation and Occupation: A Study of the 1956 Hungarian Refugees in the United States (Publications of the Research Group for European Migration Problems)
Acculturation and Occupation: A Study of the 1956 Hungarian Refugees in the United States (Publications of the Research Group for European Migration Problems) by S. Alexander Weinstock